This year has been the toughest of my life so far with my Dad passing away in January. Today he would have celebrated his 65th birthday, so I have decided that the best birthday present I could give him was to do a Tribute Mix for him.
So, nearly a year on from my last mix, I present my new mix: Tribute To Dad.
The mix is a collection of songs with special meaning to my family and me and classic Hindi songs as well as Hindi Remixes that he enjoyed. Here is the tracklist:
- DJ Sudz – Tumhi Mere Mundir [DJ Sudz Keyboard Solo]
- Lata Mangeshkar – Tumhin Meri Mandir [Original]
- Lata Mangeshkar & Mukesh – Main Na Bhoolunga [Original]
- Mohammed Rafi – Chand Mera Dil Chandni Ho Tum
- Abhijeet & Alka Yagnik – Chalte Chalte
- Kishore Kumar – Chalte Chalte Mere Yeh Geet
- Kishore Kumar – O Saathi Re
- Bally Sagoo – O Saathi Re [Remix]
- 2 Kool ft Udit Narayan & Nephie – Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar
- Bally Sagoo – Chura Liya [Remix]
- Bally Sagoo – Khabi Khabi [Remix]
- Bally Sagoo ft Gunjan – Noorie [Remix]
- Swedish House Mafia ft John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child [Acoustic Version]
- Luther Vandross – Dance With My Father
- Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth vs Sonu Nigam – See You Again vs Kal Ho Naa Ho [Tesher Mashup]
My musical journey started with my Dad teaching me to play the keyboard when I was 5 years old. So what better way to start this mix with a rendition of the classic Hindi song Tumhi Mere Mundir performed by myself, which was one of the first songs my dad taught me to play. This is followed by the original version of the song.
The third song in the mix, Main Na Bhoolunga, is a special song that my mum and dad shared when they were just married.
This is then followed by some Golden Oldie Hindi songs which he loved. I followed this with more upbeat Hindi Remixes not just because I did not want the mix to sad from start to end, but because Dad loved the modern remixes as well!
The two songs after this (Don’t You Worry Child and Dance With My Father) are dedications from my family to Dad.
And what better way to end this tribute than with this stunning mashup of See You Again and Kal Ho Naa Ho.
This mix was really tough for me to make, but I am really glad that I did it. I am sure that my Dad would have enjoyed it. So the only thing left to say is…. Happy Birthday Dad!!